Rear frame C notch

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I have used the search and didn't get much luck. Who has C notched their rear frame and what kit did you use? Please feel free to post pics. I do not tow with the truck so please no comments of you'll never be able to tow with it ( if you've seen under my hood you know my towing days are long over).

Thank you for the help and guidance.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I installed a DJM C-Notch on my Ext. Cab probably 6 years ago, maybe more. It went fine and it's obviously held up well since I still drive my truck daily. I personally wouldn't hesitate to do another one, in fact I'll probably end up putting one in my Reg Cab as well.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I ordered a djm c-notch for a 3/4ton and returned ot because I didn't have the balls to cut my frame. Now I have no choice but to do it.

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
I have done 3 of my old trucks with the djm notch never had an issue with any of them.
the last one i did was my dually and i towed quite a bit with it

Last edited:

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Kind of off topic, but I don't have a problem doing this but I was wondering if any of you higher hp 4x4 are having any trouble keeping the front end together? Cv's mainly when you get them fairly negative since much past the 3" will put you in that situation?