LLY: Quick shock injector cleaner

RZRSharp

Mar 7, 2012
Okay I've searched and all I can find is what every uses per tank. And I use diesel kleen every other tank so I guess that's good.

My question is, is there a additive or cleaner that will do a one time deep clean on the injectors and fuel system...

I've heard there is but I can't find it...

Who needs a computer when you have tapatalk??

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
There is such a thing, I'll have to search and find the name but it comes from a GM dealer. You DO NOT put it in the tank, you run the fuel lines straight into a bucket and run the engine for so long.

RZRSharp

Mar 7, 2012
Has anyone on here ever did this to theirs???

Who needs a computer when you have tapatalk??

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I have. It didnt do much for the balance rates although mine were in spec when I did it but it did make it ideal much smother and acel smother. And it was cheap.

Menail

Sep 24, 2018
NJ
I apologize for bumping this old topic, but I have done quite a bit of research on this, so I want to share my experience.
There are many great knockoffs, house brands, OEM packaged, and custom blends that contain "techroline" https://wheelstips.com/best-diesel-injector-cleaner the main active ingredient.
Buy your own barrel of Techroline, add it to biodesel give it a catchy name and sell it.

Just remember the Proper Alcohol (ethanol) is for Adult Beverages not injector cleaner.

Methanol used with Sodium Hydroxide is used to make biodiesel out of vegetable oil, not for injector cleaner.

Avoid any injector cleaner containing Ethanol or Methanol. Isopronol may be OK, but my CRD will not be the test mule.

History: Techroline dissolves carbon deposits that clog injectors.
Gassers would grow carbon deposits on the intake valves and choke off the engine, BMW would blast with walnut shells before Techron was developed, then the walnut shell blaster were sent to the museums. They tested Techron in diesels and it worked.
Older injectors had a small chamber between where the needle ended and the injector holes were drilled called a sack. The next generation had a low sack configuration and the ones we have now are sack less and do not hold any fuel in the sack to smolder and turn into carbon deposits. But the holes still get coated with carbon and need to get cleaned out. Injector cleaner is cheaper than poking the carbon out with a pin vise and small wire, been there done that on the oldies.

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
Lots of neat info here. Just want to add that walnut blasting is still a thing on some European cars. Not sure about use to clean injectors though. The fuel injection system is direct to the cylinder (post intake valve). Oily air from the PCV enters the intake system and builds up on the intake valves. Without fuel to wash the valves there is nothing clean them. Unless someone has modified their car with a catch can and PCV reroute, methanol, or port injection, walnut blasting will still be required on some cars. Source: my wife got a used BMW and I get to work on it.

Is techroline the same ingredient found in chevron techron?