Quick question about different EGR delete method

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
So This weekend I am hoping to get my EGR delete installed. I discovered a boost leak at the cold side boot, so I had to order a new one. While searching through options, I came across the mishimoto 3.5" cold side tube kit, and bought it thinking my EGR delete would work with as it keep stock mounting points.

Well, obviously the EGR race pipe mates with the cold side boot, and not the actual duct. So out of the three piece mishimoto kit with two 3.5"ducts and 3.5" boots, I will only be able to use the lower intercooler mishimoto tube. Since the EGR delete tube itself is 3" OD, would you think the following would work?:

Use the 3.5" Mishimoto lower intercooler duct, and then use PPE boot (PPE-515353005) which is 5" long, and 3.5" to 3", and install the 3" EGR tube into the 3" end of the PPE boot?

Alternatively, I can cancel the mishimoto order, and just get a new 3" boot haha

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I'm kinda confused to what your asking? You want to know if the mishimoto kit will work with the quick connect to replace the factory plastic one?

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Sorry.

I have an EGR delete ready to install. I found a boost leak at the passenger intercooler boot. So, I bought the mishimoto 3.5" outlet duct replacement which is 3.5"OD, thinking to use it with my EGR delete for extra flow. But, I didn't realize the EGR delete tube is connected directly to the passenger side boot, instead of the OEM quick disconnect fitting. So I needed a way to make the bigger OD of the mishimoto work with the 3"OD EGR pipe. I was wondering if getting a PPE reducer would solve this for me.

I have since decided, that since I won't be able to use any part of the mishimoto kit other than the connection to the intercooler, that having to buy another boot made little sense for probably little gain. So I cancelled the order and got a PPE lower boot for the EGR to go into, and I will continue using the stock outlet duct.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I used the fittings below and left the EGR intact (bought them on craigslist for $100.00), gutted the intake air heater added a 3" hot side pipe and more than likely made my 90hp tune more than 90hp so a transmission is next and I'm taking donations.....:D Still have a Mishimoto intercooler I purchased off of Amazon for $450.00 yet to be installed, still debating on the radiator I want to use as I never know when it fail.

=
=

=
=
=
=

Last edited:

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
That's what I ordered, but since I could only use one of the pieces it didnt seem worth it.

im on tune 1 til I build the trans haha