Questions about Belltech Lowering Shackles!

Tookie

Dec 1, 2011
I have a all stock 2005 ECSB 4x4 2500HD 6.6 . I am wanting to drop the rear of the truck with either 2" or 3" Belltech lowering shackles. Will these shackles actually drop the rear of the truck a full 2 or 3" or do they lower it less? I want to level the truck out and the rear of the truck sits 2.5 to 2.75" higher in the rear. Is it a direct replacement of the stock shackles without having to remove the overload spring or anything. Also I have 285/75/16 Tires on it with no rubbing issues do you think lowing the rear will make any differnce in the front to cause any rubbing? THANKS

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
here is a photo of my truck when I had the rear lowered with these 3" drop shackles and the front Tbars lowered all the way. 285/55r20's

http://shop.suspensionmax.com/Shop/...09738/SFV/32526/order/asc/order_by/sell_price

2007-gmc-sierra-classic-duramax-666-picture4387-truck-driveway-4.jpg

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
3" shackles on mine too! Save your $. Get the suspension maxx ones from eBay. Bout $50 cheaper than belltech

Sent from My iPhone

Tookie

Dec 1, 2011
Thats a great looking truck. I might just go with belltech 2" lowering shackle that might put it close to level. Will it drop the rear a full 2" or does it drop it less. I had these on my 2001 Z71 and what I can remember it only dropped it like 1.5". It wasn't level but wasn't far off and it looked good.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'm really liking the stance of rickettzusaf's truck with the 3" shackles & cranked down TB on 20s!! Just about completely convinces me to do it!

Is it ok for the front geometry to just lower the front an inch or so by lowering with stock keys or would it be best to get a-arms or spindles or lowering keys? Which would be best?

TIA!

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Is it ok for the front geometry to just lower the front an inch or so by lowering with stock keys or would it be best to get a-arms or spindles or lowering keys? Which would be best?

The geometry doesn't get too out of whack until you go beyond what the t-bars allow- in other words you can drop your bars all the way and it's not too bad. Went I built my own perches to lower the bars even more (similar to drop keys) I started to get into the some noticeable negative camber / slight inside tire wear. Still not terrible...

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I'm really liking the stance of rickettzusaf's truck with the 3" shackles & cranked down TB on 20s!! Just about completely convinces me to do it!

TIA!
I lowered my front about 2" to get my cv's straight and have had no problems, If I didn't know any better I'd swear the truck handles a touch better now.