Promise i'm not a liar

Lance LB7

Nov 5, 2013
Kentucky
I know its hard to believe anyone on fuel mileage but these numbers are hand calculated and I wanna see if anyone else has ever seen these. filled up at home and drove to college, all highway and interstate. filled back up, 70 miles, and averaged 29.2 MPG. anyone else ever seen anything this high or is it a fluke? single cab zf6

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I averaged 25.xx one day while hunting. I spent alot of the time driving 55 mph or slower. My guess is you had a nice tailwind.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Ive seen 23 from mine when i had it. at only 70 miles though it would be easy to not being sitting as level as you were when you filled it up the first time and having the pump click off early and even a half gallon descrepnecy would throw that short of a MPG calc off alot. see what I'm saying is a 1/4 of a gallon would make a 3.1 mpg difference. a half a gallon would make a 7 mpg difference. hard to get a accurate reading off a 70 mile run. when i was checking mine years ago i would fill up to the cap or there abouts so as to fill up to the exact same spot everytime to get a really acurate calculations.

Lance LB7

Nov 5, 2013
Kentucky
Yeah I get what you're saying catman. I got 28.5 one other time and let the pump run again and still showed 24.7. on that drive the truck usually averages 24-25 and I just wanted to see what was the very best I could get. True aberage with idling and everything else is about 19. Seems to get the very best mileage right at 70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Do you fill up until it clicks or until the filler neck is totally full and you can see the fuel sitting level in the neck? If you simply fill until it clicks and you only drove 70 miles, you have a pretty bad sample that I wouldn't count as remotely accurate.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
one thing you need to check is your tire size calibration and make sure your truck isnt recording some extra miles that the tires arent turning. double check that and see if 29mpg still happens. if it does, you have a one of a kind dmax.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Do you fill up until it clicks or until the filler neck is totally full and you can see the fuel sitting level in the neck? If you simply fill until it clicks and you only drove 70 miles, you have a pretty bad sample that I wouldn't count as remotely accurate.

Yup,You could be off up t a few gallons which pooches the mileage/gallon accuracy. Need to fill up till you see it in the neck each time for accuracy!

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
what is the normal tank size on a 2500? this morning I ran mine to 3% and it took a little over 21 gal? then after it was full (to the click) my cs was saying 96% full. I always thought it was a 24 gal tank?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
26 gallon for 2001-2010 short bed trucks.

I think GM lied to me though. Ive run my truck out of fuel a dozen times or so and never in 240k miles put more than 23 gallons in.

Yet some people claim they have put 25-26 gallons in their 26 gallon tank...so who knows. :rolleyes:

Lance LB7

Nov 5, 2013
Kentucky
Yeah I fill it up to the click so it's probably a little off. But I'm sure on the mileage I've googled it before. But like I said I clicked it and let it run again and it showed about 25. I think that might be a truer number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon

I think GM lied to me though. Ive run my truck out of fuel a dozen times or so and never in 240k miles put more than 23 gallons in.

Yet some people claim they have put 25-26 gallons in their 26 gallon tank...so who knows. :rolleyes:

Ive put 22.5-23 in my LLy ccsb several times as soon as the low fuel light comes on and I have driver 40 miles or so with the low fuel light on so im sure mine must be pretty close to 26.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT

Maybe you have three gallons of crap in your tank :D

I've gotten 25 and change in. I'll find the receipt for you!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Maybe Ben's going to some very generous gas stations. :roflmao:

I seem to find the opposite. my 34 gallon tank has taken 35 gallons a couple times. that was everything the tank had to get me to the fuel station (surging and lift pump was making all kinds of noise). Soon as my light comes on, i have 5 gallons left in the tank. i use it as a "reserve" like on a quad or motorcycle lol

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Does anyone elses low fuel light kick on right about the time their truck runs out of fuel? My low fuel light is a bit retarded

LbZzF6RCLB

Feb 4, 2015
Butler Pa
I know its hard to believe anyone on fuel mileage but these numbers are hand calculated and I wanna see if anyone else has ever seen these. filled up at home and drove to college, all highway and interstate. filled back up, 70 miles, and averaged 29.2 MPG. anyone else ever seen anything this high or is it a fluke?

I get high mileage My self. The zf6 and reg cab plays a big part in it. Like the truck by btw:thumb: