Progress on the new puller

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
For those of you that don't know, my brother (Importkilla from DP) and I purchased a RC 2005 to convert to a full time puller/racer. It was originally a 6.0 truck but we were able to get it as a rolling chassis with a 2001 LB7 donor motor. I know, regular cab for pulling you ask?? Too good of a deal to pass up.;) Plus I can't keep abusing my daily driver and we figured we'd better pool our money together if we were going to come close to affording this thing.

We wanted something to turn some heads and also to not build the same old A5k truck that everyone else was doing. If we fail trying something new, I'd rather do that than rob and duplicate the same trucks we are seeing over and over.

Here are some of the highlights:

Cut and delipped LB7 pistons - uncoated
Crower Rods
Smith Bros push rods
Heads ported and valve job
ARP main and head studs
Fleece SCIV with 1058
Extrude honed 45 over injectors
Fluidampr
Remote mount electric water pump
Remote mount Holley oil filter
Log-style stainless headers and custom turbo piping
Turbo mounted outside of the valley on passenger side
Oil cooler/filter delete
Air Dog 150 Turbonetics 3.0 charger w/ 2.8 bushing, Spearco Intercooler and Air knife
Home brewed dual fuelers
Cadillac CTS bucket seats
20X10 Helo Max with 33/12.5/20 Trxus STS
Custom hitch, traction bars, trans mount

Hopefully the beast will fire in time for Indy. I've seen a lot of others that are having issues that I hope we have learned from. Brent at GMS is a cousin of ours that works mainly on alcohol and diesel super stock tractors and has contributed quite a bit to the project. Special thanks to Powermax, Brayden and Johnboy for all the tech along the way and always answering their phone :hug:.

Thanks to:
http://www.genesmachineshop.com/
http://www.powermaxperformance.com/
http://www.dayton-diesel.com/
http://www.jwperformancellc.com/
http://www.fleeceperformance.com/

Potential names are "Rusty Hook" (Jackass fans will know this one :)) and "Half Fast Pulling".

Ed

Attachments

• water pump blocker.jpg
    water pump blocker.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 469
  • oil cooler-filter delete.jpg
    oil cooler-filter delete.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 331
  • water-oil.jpg
    water-oil.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
We have a 4294 from his old truck that we might have to run for Indy if we can't get a 2.8 charger to comply with the DHRA no bushing rule.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I like the color, just about all my dads racecars have been that color.8truck.jpg I wish he still had the frame from that truck.

Attachments

• 8truck.jpg
    8truck.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 102

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Very cool...

How about them heads??? Stockers? :confused: Your engine and trans came as a pair??? How about the rest of the wiring for the truck?? Where'd you get the engine/trans and wiring??

BTW, I like "Half Fast Puller" :rockon:

C-ya
Mitch

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Very cool...

How about them heads??? Stockers? :confused: Your engine and trans came as a pair??? How about the rest of the wiring for the truck?? Where'd you get the engine/trans and wiring??

BTW, I like "Half Fast Puller" :rockon:

C-ya
Mitch

Motor, harnesses, ecm, tcm and steering column all came from one donor truck. The former owner bought it from Evan Davis.

Trans was a core I bought from Brayden and he worked his magic on it.

Heads were ported by JW Performance.

Current concerns are: will it start when we're done :eek:, will the stock cam work (for now) and will the smaller rear end from the 6.0 truck hold and for how long.

Ed

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
That truck is just awsome, everything about it is just plain bad ass. I think that turbo will be a good choice and would love to see some pics of the turbo mounting location. I believe the stock cam will work. From what I remeber, Pat is still running a stock cam. Only bad thing I can say is I dont belive that rear end will hold up but you never know.

Congrats on an awsome build

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
:rofl:
Looks sweet Ed!

any chance you'll make any of the central Ohio pulls with it?

We do plan to head that way. I'd actually prefer to go to New Lex over Indy but I've been out voted. We'll be keeping an eye on the central Ohio schedule for sure. That way I can drop my wife and son off at her parents in Columbus.;)

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
Ahh I finally get to see some more pics of the puller. :D Looks good Ed, keep up the hard work. Hope to see you and Tony in Indy. I am going down on Sat. for the whole day, and maybe some after hours fun.;)