Problem after injector install, no comp in 7

Diesel Joe

Nov 10, 2017
Wickenburg AZ
Just finished installing injectors from LDS, resealed all cups and adjusted the valves.. Fired it up and she purred like a big cat, no smoke. Waiting for the thermostats to open so I could top her off with coolant and go for a drive and BAM, she started missing and blowing unburned diesel out the tail pipe.Pulled the glow plugs and found number 7 wet with diesel, all the others were dry. Ran compression test and 7 is 0 psi. What could have happened? Carbon stuck under a valve, valve stuck because it went further down after valve adjustment? Any help is always appreciated.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Any popping through intake or from tailpipe? To happen that fast at idle I don't think it could have been the injector. My money is on valves adjusted too tight and piston smacked one or if you're lucky too loose and maybe bridge between intake valves came off or push rod came out of rocker.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Melted or cracked piston. Injector would have had to pin open and over fuel heavily. There would have been smoking and knocking. Likely wouldn't hurt a piston at idle. Excessive blow by from oil fill cap? How much did you have to adjust on the valves ?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Diesel Joe

Nov 10, 2017
Wickenburg AZ
Had some very loose valve lash (some were .20), engine has over 350K on it. Other cylinders at 400 or better on comp test. I will fire it up again in the morning and check for crankcase pressure. This doesnt make any sense. Idled perfect, not long enough to warm up, maybe 10 minutes and heard something change, lost a cylinder. Flock!

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
When I did my headgaskets somehow a push rod got lodged sideways and held some valves open. Not sure why that’d happen when just doing injectors but anyways.

Diesel Joe

Nov 10, 2017
Wickenburg AZ
I have received some stellar advice on this forum in the past, what changed. I will fill my crankcase full of diesel, destroy my engine because I have no compression in one cylinder! Why? I dont have any leaks.Hell I just installed new injectors!