pressurized coolant

Lb7 heaven

Delete it
Mar 26, 2011
Guy brought a truck over today said he was leaking coolant out the overflow . The truck sat for a couple hours and cooled off. started the truck and after a minute of idling the upper hose is very hard and I can see a steady stream of bubbles coming into the coolant tank and it starts puking coolant. I let it run like that for a few minutes then took the cap off and a massive amount of pressure and a lot of coolant came out, enough to get on the top of the cab. Keep in mind the motor was cold. Could an injector cup leak that much compression by or does it sound more like a hg?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
It could be an injector cup.
Can u add shop air and a comp tester to put air in the cylinder then look for bubbles?
It may not be enough pressure but maybe you will get lucky

Be careful if the glow plugs are really tight and corroded
from mobile

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I shot coolant across my garage when I did a comp test on my stock motor when it let go. May want to wear a face shield :D

Lb7 heaven

Delete it
Mar 26, 2011
Yes I can pressurize the cylinder and compression test it. I told him I wanted to compression test it right of the bat but he told me to wait. He had it at another shop for a bad injector and after they worked on it he started having this issue which makes me think its a cup. Hes taken it back to that shop 3 times and spent a shit ton of money and its still messed up. f*cked up deal.