Question: ppe

!daw3!

Apr 7, 2013
canada
hi every body im new here and was wondering a few things i have the ppe standard programer and if i go in data something you can see your inject runniing in ms was wondering if they have normal specs or what it should be also main injector i have a small smell of fuel in my oil isnt making any it does spit from blow by tube a bit when im realy hard on her no idle smoke does smoke grey ish when im over 40-50% throttle have the programmer on lvl 3 right now and do run power service the grey bottle 200ml per 100liter of fuel maybe the truck is ok to but looking for advice on this one thx in advance sorry for typing errors im french not that i do not try :D

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
You need to check your injector balance rates and see it your trucks oil level is rising due to fuel leaking into the crankcase to start with.

!daw3!

Apr 7, 2013
canada
it is not making any oil if so i add some in every 800 1000 kms the truck does have 400 000 kms on it oil has a small oder of fuel and when hot if i open the hood on passenger side i do smell diesel no leaks what so ever except like said my blow by tube and i am shure its the only place it leaks i dit put a longer rubber hose on it so it would site lower and doesnt spread every thing under

plumber802

OCD Diesel Head
Mar 23, 2013
Vermont
LB7 are notorious for having injector issues.If you have 400,000 kms on your stock injectors you should be very happy.You need to start by checking injector balance rates and take it from there.
BTW,if you are getting blow-by out the pcv tube you have may other issues as well.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
LB7 are notorious for having injector issues.If you have 400,000 kms on your stock injectors you should be very happy.You need to start by checking injector balance rates and take it from there.
BTW,if you are getting blow-by out the pcv tube you have may other issues as well.

He did not say how much blow by is coming out of the pcv tube. Some coming out is normal on a higher milage truck hell mine does it now and since even new. He needs to worry if it ever blows the dip stick out or the oil fill cap off.

The gray smoke is most likely from your valve seals leaking some from milage. Almost all of us smell fuel in the oil or a trace of it not enough to do anything but the hint to smell. This on your truck is most likely from leaking past the rings some on injection and getting past what did not burn off. I would check the balance rates like others said to be safe.

!daw3!

Apr 7, 2013
canada
injectors have 20 000km on them went to see a diesel shop and he said every thing is perfect do to high millage it isnt on comon to have a bit of blow by from blow by tube and he was working on the same truck as i but with less millage and my truck runs smoother