PPE Hot+2 Question

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
I can't seem to get the de-fuel part of this thing to work. I go into custom changes and then to the de-fuel thing and it says factory de-fuel to be added to the tune yes or no. When I push no it goes back to the last screen instead of changing the defuel. What do i need to do different?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
if you start from stock setting and tune to like level 6 or 6 it already take the defual out,If you dont have a trans you will still get what feels like a defueling its gm traction control kinda in the trans tune. someone else might say this better but you get kinda what I mean lol

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
if you start from stock setting and tune to like level 6 or 6 it already take the defual out,If you dont have a trans you will still get what feels like a defueling its gm traction control kinda in the trans tune. someone else might say this better but you get kinda what I mean lol

Tranny is built so i'm not worried about it. I also thought maybe it was automatically off at a certain level but on the screen it shows that it is still set to factory de-fuel. when it asks if you want to install it.

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
I remember having that same issue. I pressed "no" and it still appeared it was going to load the tune with defueling. So I installed it and I can confirm it is not defueling. So I went back in and picked the same power level and said "yes" to the defueling. The screen before installing the dune looked the same as when I said "no" defuel, but once you drove it you could tell the difference.

From my experience, as long as you choice no defueling, it will program with no defueling.

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
I can't seem to get the de-fuel part of this thing to work. I go into custom changes and then to the de-fuel thing and it says factory de-fuel to be added to the tune yes or no. When I push no it goes back to the last screen instead of changing the defuel. What do i need to do different?

Why would you even bother with it when you have EFI live, at least your sig. shows you do