Possible bad FICM?

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Had my truck idling in the drive way and and all of a sudden it started running rough then died . Pulled codes with the v2 and im getting P0202 P0203 P0205 and P0208 along with the P2149. I ice picked all the injector connectors for that bank and also injector seven for the hell of it and still nothing checked through harness and still cant find anything. I know it's rare that the FICMs go bad but is it possible thats the problem?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
It's not that rare. It's not common, but not all that rare. Sounds like a bad ficm to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1997mudslut

Jul 18, 2012
I have the exact same problem! My truck has had some engine work done before I purchased and they put new pig tails on all 8 injectors. The truck hasn't ever had a problem just went to crank it last week and it sounded like a damn tractor. Turned it off immediately! Codes were exact same as yours. However if I crank it back up in about 15 seconds it will shut truck off by itself and throw codes for all 8 injectors! I have stripped all wore looming off all the ficm wiring to make sure there is no chaffing. No fuse is blowing so I do not believe there is a power wore grounding out anywhere. I have ice picked all 8 injectors even though the pigtails look brand new! I need someway to test and ohm everything

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Had to put a FICM on my lly a couple months ago. Just left the tire place after buying $650 worth of tires I made it about half way home and it shut off in traffic at a red light. Got to be that a-hole blocking the intersection for a while haha. Circuit codes for all 8. Plugged in a tester lb7 one I've got and my codes went away. Scored a used lly one the next day.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
I have a spare motor but the ficm I already swapped into my truck because mine went out already before . Its just hard to believe two can go bad like this