Pliny the Younger

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
So is anyone making the trip to Santa Rosa, CA to get a taste of one of the rarest and highest rated beers in the world?

Russian River Brewing Company once a year on the first Friday of February for 2 weeks sells an Imperial IPA (pretty much a triple IPA) named Pliny the Younger a 10.5% abv IPA. Last year average wait exceeded 5 hours to get into RRBC. This beer will not be sold in bottle or growlers only on tap at very very limited locations. This beer drinks like a standard IPA which is one reason for its appeal. It's hop aroma and malt flavor profile make it a man among boys. American light lager fans shouldnt consume this unique beer without supervision :D

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Shit! Only if I was still in Ca... I have family in Santa Rosa to. Just might have to have some sent to me...:thumb:

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Paint. Have you tried any of their beers? On their site they offer barrel aged beer. That looks like it would be some good shit!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Paint. Have you tried any of their beers? On their site they offer barrel aged beer. That looks like it would be some good shit!

Their aged sours a f**kin great... Northern California has become craft beer Mecca over the last 10 year's

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Their aged sours a f**kin great... Northern California has become craft beer Mecca over the last 10 year's

Nice! I miss Nor Cal. I grew up in Sac. About 12-13 years ago tried Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for the first time. I got hooked on it. That is one of my all time favorites. I don't think I have tried one beer from Sierra Nevada that I didn't like.

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
I'm a fiend for Strong IPA's, though ive been trying to find some more victory hop devil ale. That is some tasty tasty beer, and a little different if your a IPA kinda person!

Jealous!