LBZ: Plasti-Dip OEM Wheels

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Has anyone done their wheels with Plasti-Dip? My wheels are getting pretty chipped up and are peeling from driving on gravel so much. I thought this might be a good option to redo them as long as it will stand up and look decent. If anyone has done this and could share some pics, advice or thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated. :hug:

Thanks.

Just added this pic for reference.

IMG_2721.jpg

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Do you drive on dirt roads a lot? If so I say NO GO. I have my grille Plastidipped and it seems to hold up ok to road debris from vehicles in front but when you hand wash and dry with a towel it grabs lint off your towel and doesn't quickly shed it. Kind of annoying really.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
I am on dirt or gravel roads everyday. I didn't know how well it would stand up so thought i'd check. Guess i could get them stripped and polished to make em look better. Damn gravel is hard on $hit. Gotta get my rocker panels redone too since the rocks have ate the paint off of them.

o4dirtymax

Dec 17, 2012
CA
Give it a try. I've been using the stuff for around 5 years now. At 7 or so bucks a can, it's worth a try. If it starts peeling or chipping, just peel or pressure wash it off

I have my wheels and grille plastidipped. Both have held up great

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
I might try it and see what happens. I was gonna do my GMC grille logo with it but i might try Krylon paint for plastic since i have an extra grille logo. if i don't like it i'll just take it off. I think i'll try grey plasti-dip with silver metallizer on my wheels.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
I've been hearing a lot stuff about it lately and I got the idea from Cornell. I did the rear inner fender's on my LB7 this afternoon. I was really impressed with how it turned out, we will see how it lasts?? Looks much better than the dirty/chipped white.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Looks good. I had my wheel wells done with Line X cause I didn't like all the white in the wheel wells. It has stood up great on the side of the wheel wells but is starting to fall off where dirt and rocks hit all the time. It's been on for 3 or 4 years now.