Painted H2s, other than black...

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Looking to see if anyone has painted H2 rims that are painted with a different color than black. I got a set of corroded chrome ones and was going to have then sand blasted and painted. I was thinking of going with a silver color, similar to the stock 17s. That way I could use my stock center cap to go with the wheel. I was also tossing around the idea of painting the "spokes" black to break it up a little. Just looking to see other ideas with what color to use rather than just plain black.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Thought about doing the non-polished parts of my pitted chrome ones in body color (red). I'm waiting until this set of tires is done before I truly look into it. I think the polished chrome and a color would look good, regardless of the color.

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
I ran a set of H2's that were blasted and had the outer edge of the wheel polished and the top of the spokes polished and the rest painted black and ran a set of chrome centers off my PYO's. You could paint the other areas any color. I just used a good etching primer and good quality bomb can paint and never had a issue of the paint coming off when i ran them for two summers. I just used some wet sandpaper from course to very fine when i polished them until they were smooth and then used some wadding polish to polish them to a shine. I used flitz aluminum polish to maintain them after i was done.