P0642, p0336 07.5 lmm

efeldman

Oct 11, 2016
Need some ideas guys... Cause I'm lost.

A few weeks ago my 07.5 LMM starting chugging, and shut off. Died in the middle of the road. Wouldn't restart. I messed around on the side of the road for 30 minutes, and then she started, and ran like nothing had happened for 3-4 days. Then did the same thing again. Wouldn't start back up for 10 minutes, then ran fine for 2 days.

I have EFI Live Flash Scan. Codes P0642, and P0336. So I replaced the CKP sensor. No change. Now the truck is just sitting in my driveway, if I let her sit for a few hours, starts up fine and runs 5-10 minutes. Then like clockwork, she shuts off and won't restart. P0642, P0336 always come back, but I have seen other codes, like P0097, P166B, P2033, P0546, but these always go away even without being cleared pretty quick.

I have checked the voltage at CKP sensor, right at 5v. Sitting, and cranking. I have checked the wiring harness, there's nothing obvious wrong.
Could I be dealing with a bad ECM? It's really strange to me that it runs fine for a little bit after sitting for a few hours.

Thanks guys! Hopefully this is in the write section...