P0299 intermittent under boost

martinup88

Jan 4, 2014
www.facebook.com
Hello all. I'm new to this place. Basically my 08 dirty is giving me some intermittent grief. I've recently done a makeover with
Stage 2 afe cold air intake
4" afe exhaust/with muffler delete
Sct tuner
4.5 BDS lift
Nitto trails
18" Xd rims

At first I left the muffler delete pipe in for about a week and I didn't have any boost problems. I went to the shop and got a delete pipe made up and put it in. Since then I drive about 20-30 min and then I can feel my boost is just not there and my truck is being robbed of power sputters a bit and then magically goes back to normal..today it finally tripped a P0299 code twice although I felt the power being gone a couple more times. Been doing a lot of reading and could be so many things. But I want to rule out that their is no way that me putting in the muffler delete pipe would cause boost problems because that seems to be when it started. I'll clean the map and check the maf tomorrow and update my tuner. I'm hoping this isn't a common problem with my setup. Just can't figure how it's only a "sometimes event" hate to take it in and be something small like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk