LB7: oil leak

dirty max

Oct 9, 2011
so-cal
the other day i noticed a leak comming from the drivers side rear of the engin,pulled the skid plate cleaned the aera above oil filter started it up and could not see anything.the next after running to the store it was doin it again anybody have this happin to yours ?

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Filter adapter/cooler is in that general area...could be a leaking o ring or gasket there. Get yourself an inspection mirror and flashlight so you can see on top of the adapter and all around it as best as possible.

dirty max

Oct 9, 2011
so-cal
yes i tried the light and mirror trick but it looks like your right it is the adaptor, where do i get the o-rings or a book/diagram on this ? so i can get it right the first time not like my offroad toys that i fix ride and break every weekend.

chaser

crazyasscracker
May 25, 2011
dallas, texas
I had a leak in that area, I thought it was the filter adapter. cleaned it with brake cleaner, starter the truck but no leaks at the adapter. it turned out to be the bottom gasket on the valve cover. had it replaced and about a month noticed the small drips of oil again. turned out I had bad injector(s). I don't know for sure of it was a bad install on the new gasket or the faulty injector that was causing the oil leak again, but my friends and i figured since fuel was mixing with the oil it was making it thin enough to get by the gasket, but dealer replaced all 8 under the 200k warranty and its been over a year and no leaks

dirty max

Oct 9, 2011
so-cal
yea! I had my injectors re placed also about 20k ago and see no oil comming from up top maybe its the Z-max I put in last oil change? but any way thanks for the info I think this week end I will be taking things a part to find it. :banghead: