oil change % drops to 0 every 600-800 miles!

TWINDBLACKLMM

Feb 13, 2013
Guys, I have been having any issue with my oil change %. It's dropping super fast! I change oil, reset the trip to 100% and after like 300-400 miles its at 40%, and gets to 0 at less than 1000 miles driven. I don't let it idle exessively, I mean in the winter I'd let it run, but its warmer now and I don't leave it running.

Can the DIC just be messed up? Everything works fine on it... expect my engine hours reset a while back when I had batteries disconnected. Truck only shows like 600-700 hours with 67k on it.

Anyone else experience anything like this? And what to do? I have put 1,600 miles on since I last changed my oil and it's gone to 0% twice. I have changed oil everytime its gotten down to low % but changing oil every 700 miles is insane, and expensive!

Is this due to tuning?

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
It can be altered in the tuning but someone would have to deliberately change it. Not much a chance of accidentally changing it. Might look at it or ask the tuner to check it out if it is locked

TWINDBLACKLMM

Feb 13, 2013
It can be altered in the tuning but someone would have to deliberately change it. Not much a chance of accidentally changing it. Might look at it or ask the tuner to check it out if it is locked

Meaning what? Like they alter it to tell me to change it more often? I mean I know with the increased timing and EGT's its better to change it more regularly, but 600-700 miles seems insane!

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Yes the mileage between intervals can be changed but it would have to be intentional. Not really an "oh that was the wrong table" type deal.

moneypitt

MFNG
Jan 1, 2014
WA
When mine had the DPF It went from 100% to zero in 2800-3000 miles, I have been deleted for about 5000 miles now and I am down to 48%. So something is not right if your DPF is deleted.

TWINDBLACKLMM

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, no change in deletes, I have compound turbos so its always been deleted. This started when I had a a nasty leak at the Y-bridge (maybe coisidence) but I have since done a welded y-bridge, and don't believe I have any leaks. From my understanding High EGTs will cause this, but my EGT's are fine (I believe) I guess I can ask.. What do you all see for EGTs say 70-75 mph no trailer? I am usually between 600-800 at that speed.. lower if Im slower like 60-65.

moneypitt

MFNG
Jan 1, 2014
WA
Yeah, no change in deletes, I have compound turbos so its always been deleted. This started when I had a a nasty leak at the Y-bridge (maybe coisidence) but I have since done a welded y-bridge, and don't believe I have any leaks. From my understanding High EGTs will cause this, but my EGT's are fine (I believe) I guess I can ask.. What do you all see for EGTs say 70-75 mph no trailer? I am usually between 600-800 at that speed.. lower if Im slower like 60-65.

That sounds pretty close to what I see running a 120hp over stock tune, that is my normal tune for daily driving. I would data log it and see if anything looks out of whack, if it is running ok it must be a tuning or sensor issue for the DIC to lower oil life that fast.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
This is an LMM problem when you tune them with EFILIVE. I've done about 5 or 6 now, and of them 1 has done this to me. No explanation why it does it, it just does. It has nothing to do with the settings as the LMM bases oil change distance off of internal calculations(it varies depending on driving, not off of milage like earlier ECM did). Wish I could help you out with it, but the only common cause of it I have heard was using an operating system with an incompatible segment in it.