Now what??

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
So I was about to head up to the river and put the boat in the water and my truck started smoking and the smell was not a diesel fuel smell. Last tank I added some Power Service injector/cetane boost. It didn't start smoking until I left my buddy's house. I'm waiting on the truck to cool and see if it's low on coolant. It's not running hot or throwing codes currently besides the intermittent P0101 MAF performance every once in a while. I've read a few threads and some lean towards head gaskets, etc.. FML if that's what it is. On the drive home after dropping the boat off, it was still smoking, but not as bad. It still smells funny. Any ideas?? Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
When I would come to a stop the smoking would get worse and would die off as I started accelerating. Trying to think of any other descriptive words.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Sounds like a cracked port in the head. Is it low on coolant yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Sounds like a cracked port in the head. Is it low on coolant yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Checked coolant level, still at cold fill line. I started it back up and it had a light haze and didn't really smoke. Checked oil level for increase in case the possibility of diesel in oil. It's still midway through thatches/normal range. Not sure WTF is going on. Maybe bad fuel or Power Service messing with it??

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Injector rates don't seem crazy at startup. Not sure what normal is but I saw -4 to +4 which varied some in between with added throttle.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
When it was doing it, it was constant. I started it back up last night and it wasn't smoking?? Maybe need to get it to operating temp/thermostat opens and see??

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I'm gonna go check coolant levels again now that it's had time to sit and see where it's at

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Just checked coolant level and it dropped about 1/2" below cold fill line, last night engine was a little warmer, it was right at the cold fill line. Upper rad hose is not hard, but I'm still concerned something happened and it isn't catastrophic yet.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
No, I have riser cut/welded and blocked. I just took it for a drive and couldn't replicate the smoke. Got it up to operating temperature and just the occasion bark of reg smoke when I get on it. I'm puzzled as to what would have caused that.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
When I added it I put it in at the recommended cleaning of injectors per gallon. Puzzled.