Norwegian ingenuity....non D-max...:)

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
So, as some of you know, I have a handicapped daughter, a Rett Angel.

One of the things she looks forward to is walks, and going to the park. Naturally as she gets bigger, we struggle to find things to accommodate her needs, like strollers....

There are options out there for handicapped children and adults, but they are expensive, really expensive, most starting at like $1200, and they aren't all that practical.

So today I was in a mood, I wanted to take Summer for a walk, she usually walks a ways, but putters out quickly, usually I will just carry her on my shoulders, but she even gets tired just sitting and balancing on my shoulders, so I came up with this, out of an old car seat in my garage and a caddytek golf bag push cart.

Success:woott:

aomirc.jpg

347eefd.jpg

2j47v4y.jpg

My only point in sharing this was, if there is a will, there is a way....never give up, especially on your kids:hug:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Nice work Jason!

Nice! definitely looks like she's enjoying it. I'm feeling the dual cup holders its got. :thumb:

Looks great and cute kid. :D on her.

Thanks guys :hug: she is an amazing and awesome kid, she humbles my heart daily....

I'd do just about anything for that smile :)

And yes, for anyone who noticed the hill that is my driveway, I had the brake on when I snapped the pic at the threshold of my garage :joker:

Andrew

Costly Obsessions
Aug 7, 2013
delaware
Wow good thinking man :thumb: that's awesome its always touching To see ppl make the best of things like that :hug:

SwitchBack

Sep 8, 2012
Vermont
Thanks guys :hug: she is an amazing and awesome kid, she humbles my heart daily....

I'd do just about anything for that smile :)

And yes, for anyone who noticed the hill that is my driveway, I had the brake on when I snapped the pic at the threshold of my garage :joker:

I kept staring at that hill!! It's great you did that for her. And actually it's a great idea!

It's amazing what you will go through just to put a smile on a kids face.

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
You and your daughter are inspiring. Tell her that for us and give her a hug for us too. If there is anything we can do to be helpful we would appreciate you letting us know.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
You and your daughter are inspiring. Tell her that for us and give her a hug for us too. If there is anything we can do to be helpful we would appreciate you letting us know.
Thanks, I will man, right now..;)

I'd quote all you guys to thank you for the kind words and support, but I fear that might become redundant.

I appreciate it, really, and I also really appreciate that when it comes down to it, all you guys are down to earth real people, compassionate toward each other....

when it matters:spit:

Thank you all, thank you very much:hug:

We have been blessed beyond belief with provision for her needs, my only possible request could be prayers for my daughters comfort, health and continued development...

She can't say a word, and doesn't have functional use of her hands YET, So everyday is somewhat of a guessing game at what's buggin her or what her actual needs are, hell, when she cries sometimes it could be because her foot itches, or she could have a muscle cramp, headache...anything...

when I think about it, there's so many possibilities as to what a person who can't communicate needs, I find it amazing We manage her happiness and health to the degree we have, again, we are blessed...

God Bless-