LBZ: No longer sounds like a diesel

Citabria

Nov 10, 2017
I know next to nothing about the operation of these engines. I put a 5 position tune in my stock 07 truck and took it on a 10,000 mile trip towing a 5000lb trailer thru the mountains and plains of the US and Canada. I found out early on that anything over second position, with 5th being the highest HP boost, was too much for the transmission in the hills going 60 to 70 mph. Anyway, when I left home the engine sounded like a diesel with much knocking and rattling going on. Somewhere in California it mellowed out and sounds like a high HP gas engine. Does not smoke, power a little low but gas mileage around 20mpg as before. Does anyone have an idea of what I have done and what will it take to fix.
The only code showing at this time is #2 Glow plug has failed.

Last edited by a moderator:

aashton1206

Sep 3, 2015
Any codes

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Rick Fletes Dsp 5 on v2, 33x12.5 nitto at on 20 inch American Racing 20x10 wheels, Stage 5 Built Transmission by Mike Cole with triple disc billet low stall converter, 4 inch Injen cold air intake, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, PPE Race Valve, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, lbz cp3 pump, Dual Platinum AGM Duralast, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Upper Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FED Y Bridge, Shantz Custom Fab Traction Bars.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Sound really isn't much to go off of or any sort of indication of a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk