Newbie who needs some help w/05 LLY

Onefishaway

Aug 9, 2010
Virginia
Hello Everyone

I am looking for some help. I have and 05 Silverado with the LLY engine. I bought the truck new, it is completely stock and has a little over 79000 miles on it. Over the last month or so, I have been experiencing an intermittent problem. While pulling my bass boat down the interstate, cruising along at about 65 mph, the engine will stumble, then the black smoke will start rolling out and have virtually no power. This has happened 4 times now. Each time, I have found that if I pull over and stop for a few minutes, then take off again, everything seems ok. It doesn't do it on short trips, only after I have been out on the road running a constant speed for about 30-40 miles. No check engine warnings or anything, and all guages look normal. I took it to my dealer, they said some codes indicated that there were computer updates for it. They said they did the updates, charged me $150 and told me to run it for a couple weeks...this sounded like a BS fix to me and of course, it didn't help. I get my fuel locally from the same source since I have owned my truck, just had a new fuel filter installed, and changed the air filter.

Can someone help me out

Thanks

Jr.