Newbie in NY...starting with bolt ons

DurrtyMaxxx10

Jul 19, 2011
Just wanted to say Hello. My name is Austin and I drive an 03 LB7 ECSB. I'm looking for an answer to a couple questions. First off I'll state that the truck was completely stock when I got it. My only mod as of now is an Edge chip. Im looking to get a CAI from billscustomintakes along with a turbo horn. Also looking at a MBRP exhaust. I'm just wondering what size intake I should order and what size exhaust to go with. I like everyone else have plans for good horsepower. Getting there just will take time.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
:welcome::welcome9:

4.0" is what I went with and have been happy with it.

Will also let you know the terms for tuners so you will not get ripped on.

2 types of canned tuners we have boxes ( Edge, Banks ect) then we have programers ( PPE, Quadzilla ect.)

Then we have Tools like EFILive and HP Tuners that lets you make your own tunes.

There are no Chips for the Duramax that I know of.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Just wanted to say Hello. My name is Austin and I drive an 03 LB7 ECSB. I'm looking for an answer to a couple questions. First off I'll state that the truck was completely stock when I got it. My only mod as of now is an Edge chip. Im looking to get a CAI from billscustomintakes along with a turbo horn. Also looking at a MBRP exhaust. I'm just wondering what size intake I should order and what size exhaust to go with. I like everyone else have plans for good horsepower. Getting there just will take time.
Welcome,
your stock intake will be fine, aftermarket intakes aren't a good bang for the buck & metal ones like Bill's will whistle more but also heat soak more than a plastic one. You can mod the stock airbox for some more airflow
The intake horn is a great upgrade, I recommend the Profab one
For the exhaust 4" is fine, go with SS for living in the Northeast, if your truck doesn't have a cat you don't need a frontpipe & Profab also has a cheap downpipe that flows alot better than the squished down stock downpipe.
Tie rod sleeves are a must if you don't have them yet.
From there get your tranny built, get a lift pump & a tune

Welcome Yankee!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
friggen Texicans

DurrtyMaxxx10

Jul 19, 2011
Thanks for the info Noreaster. Im getting on the exhaust in a couple of days. Also just recieved a PPE boost valve. I hear this is almost a necessity for an LB7. But where in the north east can i get a built tranny? Probably looking to do that during the spring time. And also where should i look for tie rod sleeves? and are there any other parts i should look for suspension wise?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Thanks for the info Noreaster. Im getting on the exhaust in a couple of days. Also just recieved a PPE boost valve. I hear this is almost a necessity for an LB7. But where in the north east can i get a built tranny? Probably looking to do that during the spring time. And also where should i look for tie rod sleeves? and are there any other parts i should look for suspension wise?

M.D. - George (Bigdipper) ,, C.T. - Ben (Duratothemax) One of those 2 would probably be your best bet as they have a ton of experience in performance applications. You will find there are a bunch of shops closer here in N.Y. that will tell you they can build one but really have no hands on experience with the peformance end of things. I am building my own tomorrow if all goes well maybe I can shoot you some pointer's especially since cobleskill is only 40 minutes from our shop.. Tie rod sleeve's and some Braces would be a good idea. There are plenty of vendors here that sell both, Henry @ Creatures of the night performance comes to mind first..

dmax08

Mar 26, 2009
ahhh. i thought i remembered you did but its been awhile. good luck with the build

DurrtyMaxxx10

Jul 19, 2011
Custom8726, where is your shop located. Keep me up to date on your build. Interested in how you like the final outcome.