New to the site, From Canada

dmoonen

Jan 31, 2013
Hello everyone bought I'm new to the form. I bought an 2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax, 6 speed trans, Crew Cab, Long Bed with 190,000km. I'm pretty happy with the truck so far had it for a couple months now. It replaced our 01 Dodge 2500 that retired at 570,000km and seems to be I've made the right choice.

Basically I drive two vehicles; one that gets good fuel economy (yes a diesel Smart car 76+mpg I'm not complaining) to travel to my distributors across Canada the the US, then the other is to tow product, my toy hauler and trade show equipment around the country. . . .

Questions:
  • Anything that is prone to issues to keep an eye on?
  • Was thinking of getting a Bully Dog Triple GT tuner, whats your opinion on tuners? I'm looking for more MPG and some bonus power for towing
  • Any suggested modifications?
  • What Audio systems are you guys using, The stock one seems . . outdated since the 90's

Thanks, Dillen

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Welcome.

X2 on EFILIVE maybe even a DSP5. If you are looking for MPG maybe talk to James (lotsofmiles) he has done well with water/meth injection (he runs mostly just water)

Where about are you from?

dmoonen

Jan 31, 2013
Welcome.

X2 on EFILIVE maybe even a DSP5. If you are looking for MPG maybe talk to James (lotsofmiles) he has done well with water/meth injection (he runs mostly just water)

Where about are you from?

Just digging around the form I notice people saying allot of good things with the EFILIVE system. On ebay theres a Bully Dog up for auction its at $310 in which I'm currently winning. But I might be leaning to the EFILIVE system due to the positive responses, you have any links?

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Don't buy the Bully Dog. Efi Live is the best but if you want a hand held tuner go with a PPE. You can find them used pretty cheap.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Just digging around the form I notice people saying allot of good things with the EFILIVE system. On ebay theres a Bully Dog up for auction its at $310 in which I'm currently winning. But I might be leaning to the EFILIVE system due to the positive responses, you have any links?

Not so much links but look in the candy store part of this site.

Lots of good tuners EFILIVE is not a canned tuner you can have tunes made to do what you want ( do not get a smoke tune (a good tuner won't make you one most of the time anyway))

You can do an Autocal to save a bit of Green and if you don't want to play with making your own tunes. Or to save more you could go with a pretuned ECM but that makes it harder to have changes made.