New to diesels. Already leakin fuel.

Tano

Jun 8, 2013
San Angelo, Texas
So, I am new to the forums as you may be able to tell. I recently bought a 2001 Chevrolet Duramax 2500hd 6.6l turbo diesel with 133k miles, cold air intake, and 5'' straight pipe for $7500. Here are pictures of the truck
15q53zp.jpg

59swna.jpg

a1iuys.jpg

But to cut to the chase. Today I filled up at the gas station, and noticed a steady drip coming from behind the fuel spout. and sure enough, it was diesel.
So I looked further into it, and I found a small brass nipple that had no hose attatched. I have no clue what should go there and can not find any loose hoses or anything of that nature. Here are pictures of the brass nipple. If anyone could give me their suggestions or point me in the correct direction it would be greatly appreciated.

aoky2p.jpg

2vmboco.jpg

1194dc1.jpg

07nastymax

Native Pride
Apr 21, 2008
St George UT
Possibly a fill valve for an external bed mounted fuel tank or a return for an add on fuel device that is no longer in the truck...either cap it with a rubber nipple or replace the fill tube.

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
Could be a return from a lift pump that might have been previously on the truck as well. Cap it off and it will be fine.

Tano

Jun 8, 2013
San Angelo, Texas
That makes complete sense. There is a hole drilled in the bottom of the bed just about where that nipple is. And you can see where something was mounted in the bed just behind the cab. Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Welcome to DD :hello:

Your got a steel on the truck for sure,i like the clean pictures better :spit:

Better freeze your wallet and cut up your cards because we a good at spending your money :D

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
When you get EFI live and you run a big tune you will limp your truck on low fuel rail pressure.The lift pump will help you hold the proper fuel pressure.