New motor is here.

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
The new bullet from Eric arrived today. Seems like an eternity since I started this build. If all go's well I should have it up and running in a couple of weeks.
Not going to rush at this point. I would like to thank Sean for the support during the dark hours. Also, Jen and Blake at Merchant. You too Guy.

Last edited:

Sean8816

Aug 8, 2006
never thought I'd see the day...lets hope this one stays together. I don't think our knuckles or your wallet could handle another duramax explosion. Let the soot throwin begin!

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
Lucky!!! Can't wait to see that sight someday, hey I have a ? How much for labor to build?
I really can't put a figure on it at this point. All I can say is Merchant treated me right and my labor is part of it. Nobody has really put a figure on a full build with all the goods yet.
I don't think anyone wants to:(
If you start from scratch and buy everything it takes to get to this level, it's not cheap. Tranny,Turbo, x-CP3, Injectors, Rods, Pistons, Blue printing, Cam, Push rods, Cylinder heads, Lift pumps, E-locker, suspension work, tires, and all the other stuff will run you a lot of coin. But, who can put a price on having this much fun?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I don't think anyone wants to:(
If you start from scratch and buy everything it takes to get to this level, it's not cheap. Tranny,Turbo, x-CP3, Injectors, Rods, Pistons, Blue printing, Cam, Push rods, Cylinder heads, Lift pumps, E-locker, suspension work, tires, and all the other stuff will run you a lot of coin. But, who can put a price on having this much fun?

I agree with all of the above :D

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
YES!

Let me know what size injectors you are going with and (if they are flow tested) , how much more they truely flow than stock.

I've also been doing some tuning in my sleep and I have an idea of how to make sure this engine does not blow on you again, and it will also be prefectly streetable.

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
YES!

Let me know what size injectors you are going with and (if they are flow tested) , how much more they truely flow than stock.

I've also been doing some tuning in my sleep and I have an idea of how to make sure this engine does not blow on you again, and it will also be prefectly streetable.
The injectors were done last week, I do not have them yet or the flow sheets. I really like the sound of that not blowing up stuff:eek: . Thanks Craig.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Congrats on the motor, it sure has felt like forever since your motor first went out, how long has it actually been? Cant wait to see the numbers that motor put down