OLDTIMER

Feb 18, 2014
Hello, I just joined and am just getting my feet wet. I have a 2002 duramax with 200k, love it! but I just bought a 2012 duramax(GMC), I like it pretty good too. I have been running from Mobile to New Orleans lately and was surprised at the fuel mileage I get, 19.5(not towing anything) I'm running around 1600 rpms at 75 mph. My 2002 at 75 runs around 2100 rpms. I pumped gas into the 02 twice, it still runs great but I just had the injectors changed out and that was
not cheap. I do have one question, the 2012 transmission seems loose in shifting to third or fourth gear with no load?? It only has 40 k miles on it any thoughts??

AgmansDuramax

Diesel Fanatic!
Feb 13, 2014
Missouri
I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but wanted to say "Welcome"! I'm sure someone will be able to help you out, these are a great bunch of people, and they really know what their talking about! Incidently, I just bought a 2002 2500 HD with 235,000, and it just had the injectors replaced for the first time, thank God I didn't have to pay for it AFTER I got the truck! I'm praying it will go another 235,000 before it needs another set! :thumb: I love the truck, and am looking forward to a long life with it, God willing! Anyway, welcome to DD!