New Jersey ...i need help

AECLLC

Jan 22, 2013
Hi guys,

I have some issues with my truck as described here. (pressure in the overflow, pushing coolant out, will not warm up, upper hose is not hard over night) After reading up and doing research I am pretty sure that my truck needs head gasket replacements.

I am not a mechanic

I dont have much money to spend on this truck but i love it.

I am very mechanically inclined. Im an electrician.

Never done motor work.

I just started an electrical contracting company and business is slow right now so I have extra time to dedicate to this and I also have an extra truck that I am using in the mean time.

I live in new jersey and was hoping someone might know a shop or a guy that fixes/repairs duramax well and cheap or can help me out

Its a 2004 lb7 245k miles on it. The previous owner said he had all the injectors replaced

It never smokes, i had the water pump and both thermostats replaced thinking that was it but i know i have much deeper problems with it

Any help in direction would help

Ill sell it for scrap before i give it to the dealer to fix. They were saying $5k -$7k!!!! at ayers Chevrolet: 40hrs labor per side @$100/hr plus parts.

Ive been looking around and see HG kits for about $700

thanks in advance guys

Or Maybe someone needs some electric work for a trade. I am licensed and fully insured. License #17258