New guy from Australia

Wild_Bill

Oct 26, 2013
Hi all I'm in Australia and my mate is fitting a duramax and Alison 5speed to a Nissan patrol Gu. I am looking to do the same so am looking for a complete duramax with Alison auto and wiring harness with fuel controller. If any one knows of a stock unit with 5 or 6 speed please let me know.

Also we have to relocate the exhaust to the left hand side of the car so the factory dump pipe won't work is there a company that sells a 3" 90 degree drop pipe with flange? And also need an intake the same to switch sides on it aswell?

Thanks for your time.
Cheers Bill

Wild_Bill

Oct 26, 2013
It's like a Toyota land cruiser came with either a 3.0ltr or 4.2ltr straight six diesel or 4.5ltr straight six gas engines. The 3.0ltr is a pos but cheep car for a project with strong diffs ant t case and coils and disk brakes in all 4 corners. Would love a Chevy 2500 but it is 36 grand to get one shipped and converted to right hand drive on top of the car costs just to much.

SouthernsuspensionCEO

'04 lb7 zf6 cc/sb 4x4
Jan 12, 2014
Memphis Tennessee
Do u plan on doing any frame reinforcement? The duramax is a very heavy motor plus an allison behind it? With a 3/4 ton transfer case? Youd need to be sure the frame is boxed and as rigid as possible. IFS rear? IFS front? Or do u plan on a straight axle or is it already stright axle?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

Wild_Bill

Oct 26, 2013
It has straight axles front and rear and solid box chassis that is why we chose them.
Over the years a lot of chev's have been fitted 6.5's and also ls1's.

Strength is not an issue we are waiting for the transmission to transfer case adapter and new imputation shafts to get the correct position for running exhaust and other piping. The intercooler is 12" high 24"wide and 2 1/2" thick should be big enough

dbev24

Oct 27, 2011
Darlington pa
Do u plan on doing any frame reinforcement? The duramax is a very heavy motor plus an allison behind it? With a 3/4 ton transfer case? Youd need to be sure the frame is boxed and as rigid as possible. IFS rear? IFS front? Or do u plan on a straight axle or is it already stright axle?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

Its been done by a few on here already with good results.