new build.. gt5533 over s472

jdaniel

Jan 16, 2011
heres the new motor build finnaly got truck back running and breaking motor in let me know what u guys think so far..
turbo kit is a whelri custom kit fit together with ease compared to some kits.
big thanks to tim hecker for building the motor and tuning couldnt ask for a better freind or more quality work.

also looken for a set of good slicks if anyone has any for sale

Attachments

• IMG_3293.jpg
    IMG_3293.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3335.jpg
    IMG_3335.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3414.jpg
    IMG_3414.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3448.jpg
    IMG_3448.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 171

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Very interested to hear about the twins setup. If I decide to twin over my 472 it would prolly be with a 5533

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
Well Dynoed the truck this last weekend at Nebraska Diesel Show and on JBI dyno it made 755 and 1100 torque.... Saw 55 PSI boost so assuming something was wrong. Was not a dyno with any load and after turning the rear rotors blue... gave up. Got home and Justin found the diverter valve in between the pedestal and turbo was sticking almost completely shut. The blade was catching the casting and not wanting to open all the way....

Anyways should have it back up and going soon. Hope it does a little better not only on the street but the track...

:thumb:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Well Dynoed the truck this last weekend at Nebraska Diesel Show and on JBI dyno it made 755 and 1100 torque.... Saw 55 PSI boost so assuming something was wrong. Was not a dyno with any load and after turning the rear rotors blue... gave up. Got home and Justin found the diverter valve in between the pedestal and turbo was sticking almost completely shut. The blade was catching the casting and not wanting to open all the way....

Anyways should have it back up and going soon. Hope it does a little better not only on the street but the track...

:thumb:

Yep, you definitely have to grind a good bit on the inside of the exhaust housing so the valve can open all the way. Something that isn't mentioned anywhere that I know of. Your setup certainly has a lot more left in it that's for sure!

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
Yes problem was we never split the turbine housing from the spacer or pedestal. Now wish we would have. It came off a running truck and what do ya say. Live and learn. Lol. Pretty excited to see how it runs after this. It will no longer be a part of this kit. Trash can here it comes.