Need some help

Mullis434

Nov 16, 2011
Houston
Hey guys I need some help with choosing an exhaust for my truck. I already did a dpf delete a few months ago but kept my stock muffler. And of course i'm getting tired of the boring stock sound so I was wondering what recommendations y'all have to change it up a little bit. My plan is since I already have the delete pipe installed a dpf back kit would be the smartest.

Another question is how loud would the truck be if for example I installed a 4" mbrp dpf back kit compared to a magnaflow dpf back muffler kit? I don't want something extremely loud but has a nice tone to it.

Also, sorry for all the questions but if I do remove the factory tip are the egt's anything to worry about? I know we all hate that tip but obviously it has a purpose. I just don't want to burn something up.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I have a 5" magnaflow it has a deep rumble sound, the 4" stuff is not as deep sounding. I would say the MBRP is louder in a 4" than the magnaflow but not by much. No drone cruising for me.

The "musket tip" on your factory exhaust is designed to cool the tip during regen. The exhaust temp coming out of the tip can be over 1000* so they vent the tip to help cool it. Seeing as you have a dpf delete you can pitch the tip with no worries...

warpspeed

Shadetree
Feb 10, 2012
Ohio
Just get a downpipe back flopro 5" aluminized w//muffler $370 shipped from creaturesofthenightperformance.com , its made for the lmm. Sell your delete pipe on craigslist.

mckey73

Ethanol suks make whiskey
Feb 14, 2007
I vote for the straight pipe, it sounds great.

If you're not straight, you're :gay:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I think straight pipes sound like sh*t. If I wanted the sound of a 78' blazer with 16" glass packs I would just buy one... Just my opinion.

Mullis434

Nov 16, 2011
Houston
I think straight pipes sound like sh*t. If I wanted the sound of a 78' blazer with 16" glass packs I would just buy one... Just my opinion.

Think i'm going to go with magnaflow too. Found a guy thats trying to sell his dpf back w/muffler delete for $120 so thats looking pretty good. Wondering how loud it's going to be without a muffler though...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Dunno, you could always try it & if it was to obnoxious put the muff in. I just don't like it when they snap and cackle.