Need some help w/ 2005 LLY

Onefishaway

Aug 9, 2010
Virginia
Hey everyone

I just posted in the intro section. I'm having a problem with my stock 2005 LLY...the details are in my intro post.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jr.

Killerbee

Got Honey?
Probably a turbo vane position sensor, a MAP sensor, or sticking EGR. There is also an injector wiring harness issue issue that is common on the LLY, you may be experiencing.

Could also be a loaded fuel filter, but not as likely.

Last edited:

Onefishaway

Aug 9, 2010
Virginia
Thanks to all for the info. The dealer has diagnosed it as the EGR and it will be replaced this week. Aside from blocking the EGR or anything else mechanical-as I am bent on keeping it stock, what can be done to prevent/prolong this from happening again? Driving style, fuel additives, oil additives? I've got friends with stock trucks the same year as mine and they have over 100, 000 miles with no issues like mine. We all pretty much buy our fuel from the same sources, use the same stuff in our fuel, etc. Any feedback is appreciated.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Delete or block off the EGR. NO amount of additives or any other trickery will keep it from clogging up. You would be surprised at what's inside of your intake manifold b/c of that egr system, as would your buddies.

Are you paying to have the EGR replaced?

Last edited: