Need some guidance

GreyFox11

Jul 14, 2024
Utah
I'm new to the forum - I have 2008 Chev 2500HD LMM. Last year had the fuel rails, fuel lines, hi and low fuel pumps, multiple sensors and ecm replaced by local dusk shop due to getting bad diesel while out of town. After that, mileage was horrible and system wasn't performing correctly. I took it to dealership to program correctly. Drive it home Thursday evening. Went to start it this morning and it turns over, but won't start. Code 2454 on scanner. How do i determine if DPF sensor is bad? Or something else?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
That code seems more like a wiring issue. It could be a bad sensor, but given the no-start I would look for any wiring harness damage. A bad/unplugged DPF pressure sensor shouldn't prevent it from starting, it would just put it in a limp mode.

Look at the harness anywhere it might have been touched by the shop, as if they routed it wrong, it could be chaffing or pinched, shorting things out or have broken wires.

GreyFox11

Jul 14, 2024
Utah
That code seems more like a wiring issue. It could be a bad sensor, but given the no-start I would look for any wiring harness damage. A bad/unplugged DPF pressure sensor shouldn't prevent it from starting, it would just put it in a limp mode.

Look at the harness anywhere it might have been touched by the shop, as if they routed it wrong, it could be chaffing or pinched, shorting things out or have broken wires.
Thank you! I'll look into that. I appreciate your help!