Need new tires.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I have some semi-old BFG AT KO tires on my truck. One is full of screws. What AT or MT do you recommend for a truck with only cranked torsion bars. I want to loft eventually but cant really blow the cash right now. I want to keep my stock rims for now (i think) so how big can I go without causing a problem?

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I wouldn't go over a 285/ 75/16 thats pretty wide for the stock rims. On my stockers I had 255/85/16 BFG MTs KMs now KM2s. You have lots of option in 285s

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Ok since im in a hurry i pulled the trigger. Need the truck back on the road tonight for work. Went for new 17" rims and 285 of the same tire

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
pysu8ubu.jpg

u8a7enyt.jpg

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Whites out not in?

I LOOOOVVVVEEE white out. Old School. Only reason I went with black was because I dont like chrome very much. Id like to get them powdercoated gunmetal if I decide I dont like these. Always been a sucker for whites out especially since everyone does whites in and completely blacks everything on the truck out.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
My last set of the Km2s were complete garbage.. Had to get em replaced at 5k miles was pretty mad but was my first set of BFGs I've had a problem with..

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
My last set of the Km2s were complete garbage.. Had to get em replaced at 5k miles was pretty mad but was my first set of BFGs I've had a problem with..

Bummer Ive been using them on everything forever and never had issues. I love em and the white letters are icing on the cake. My biggest pet peeve is big rims and low profile tires. I want the smallest functional rims and most amount of meat on the tires. Im like that with my guns too, i love wood stocks and case hardened finishes. :) I love the look of the BFGs with small rims like these 17s.

Last edited:

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
OOPS! These arent KM2s they are just the A/T KOs. I ALWAYS mix those up and Ive heard about the KM2 problems. The ones ive been using are these guys. I edited the original post haha. I swear ive mixed the two up probably every time.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Are you rubbing the bumper in front of the tire or wheel liner behind the tire? Both can be trimmed. If its the liner on the drivers side tying back the ebrake cable will help.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Are you rubbing the bumper in front of the tire or wheel liner behind the tire? Both can be trimmed. If its the liner on the drivers side tying back the ebrake cable will help.

I have to check. Thanks for the pics! Its not bad going forward but any amount of turn in reverse is AWFUL sounding

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
^^^ gettin about time for some new shoes for you to. lol
Ya I do, but my truck has been parked for a while since I had a work truck. So it was waiting to see if or when I was going to 35s. I have some MTs sitting at the tire shop waiting on me now, but I didn't get there before we left for our trip this week. SURPRISE SURPRISE I broke a cord on the tire in the pic on our trip. Its not bad I could run it on the back. but I just put the spare on.