Need help prepping chrome wheels

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I recently had my factory 16in wheels sent to cali to have them chromed by classic components which turned out really well being that I had to pretty much wait a month to ship them there have them chromed and sent back to my door. Now the questions I have are how do you prep chrome before the tires are mounted? And how do you clean/maintain them? I've heard a few local people say that mothers chrome polish with carnuba wax is the way to go I just would like to hear from chrome guys that have/ have had chrome wheels to make sure they look good for years to come thanks in advance.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
For all four it was 600.00 Shipping was what ate me up being I'm in GA it was 300+ to and from so 150 there 150 home not to bad all in all it cost me close to 1k but its worth it to me being that my 06 is my baby

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
Just the polish. White can red label. Pm me your number and I can send you a pic of my 22's when they were done. 45+ min's per wheel. I did centercaps and lug nuts also.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Guys once I get off my lazy butt and get them out of the boxes and the tires mounted I'll do my best to post pics not sure how to post in a thread but I'm guessing you just copy and paste????? Not trying to keep them a secret but I'll say this after the salt damage they endured they look flawlessly brand new and I couldn't be happier