Need help cutting MBRP ext pipe for ec sb 05 2500hd

Tookie

Dec 1, 2011
I am fixing to take my 05 duramax 2500hd ext cab short bed to my local chevy dealer to install a MBRP cool duals down pipe back. The dealer doesn't have the tools to cut the ext pipe and I was wanting to have it cut before I took it to them but not sure which side of the pipe I need cut. The instuctions says The Extension Pipe does not require cutting to fit Crew
Cab trucks. For Extended Cab trucks, approximately 9 ½” needs​
to be cut off the end with the shortest straight section of pipe. I do belive they r refering to the pipe that is 49" long. To me it looks like I need to cut the longest section of straight pipe on it which is about 22" long as the other end will have to be cut in the bend. Other single exhausts from them says to cut the longest end of straight pipe. Anyone know for sure about which end of the pipe needs cut and does it need exactly 9.5" cut off of it? THANKS!

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
The dealer doesnt have a chop saw or sawzall? I personally wouldnt cut the pipe until you get everything up on the the truck loosely fitted and see where exactly it needs to be cut.

Tookie

Dec 1, 2011
Im not sure they would have that or not. I think I will take my dads Dual saw and maybe they could use that if needed!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
If I was paying any shop to hang the exhaust it would be a exhaust shop. Before I get bent over by the dealer with there rate.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
The dealer doesnt have a chop saw or sawzall? I personally wouldnt cut the pipe until you get everything up on the the truck loosely fitted and see where exactly it needs to be cut.

:thumb:

Don't let the dealer do it. I agree on taking it to a exhaust shop.

SteveLBZ06

Jan 6, 2013
Central MA
i have an ecsb and mbrp exhaust and i cut it with a sawzall exactly as the directions said and it worked perfectly for me. anyone can do a downpipe back exhaust, the downpipe is the part that gets a little tricky. save the money and do it yourself, just buy a fresh pack of sawzall blades and your good to go