Need help and opinions

2008chevy2500

Sep 28, 2015
I have a 2008 6.6 LMM 3500hd quad cab 8ft bed with 126000 miles completely stock. I kept getting the code for insufficient air flow on egr, so i took the intake off to clean it as it was about stopped up. Needless to say the oring where the pipe connects to the throttle body disappeared and had issues but got it fixed. Now im looking at doing an egr delete along with 4in exhuast with muffler and doing efi live but also want a monitor as well so i can keep check of things as i tow alot. I want good stuff but also dont want to break the bank at the same time. Where would be the best place to either get a kit with all of it or the different places that have known reputation for their quality but cost efficient. I have looked through banks, mbrp, alligator performance, sinister and well the list goes on i just want opinions of good quality but cost efficient places to order from. Thanks

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Most cost effective way of disabling the egr is a blocker plate.

Cheapest way to get a tune is find some with a V2 and have them flash in a single file efi tune.

Best bang for the buck monitor is an edge CTS 2.

4" turbo back exhaust system can be found all over online for a very reasonable price.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
EGR delete is great. Not necessary, but a good way to go.

You don't need 5 tunes though. But as already stated you will need a hardwired switch if you choose to go with a dsp5 tune.

2008chevy2500

Sep 28, 2015
Where would be the cheapest to get that stuff im not wanting to hot rod the truck im just looking to prolong engine life and have a little more power when towing and better fuel economy when im not

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
A good single tune will do just that. You will gain fuel economy while towing as well.

Where are you located?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I'm not sure who would be local to you then.

Start looking through the vendors on this site. Lots of them offer the parts your looking for.