Need a damn good degreaser

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Im gettin ready to do a floor coating in my garage but the concrete aint really clean from the previous owner (my motor dripping some oil dont help) and i have been told by the guys helping me do it we need to clean as much oil amd grime out of the concrete as possible. So what are your guys recommendations on a bad ass degreaser for floors? Ive used purple power at the auto shop i use to work for but it didnt clean very well.

Ideas?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
You need muratic acid , you can by it at home depot or lowes

Built motor , duel fuelers , 60's overs , gtx4202r

What he said. The acid will clean all of that up and also etch the concrete so the coating will have something to grip to. You do not want to put it on a smooth surface. Its a lot like a spray on bedliner where prep is key.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You need muratic acid , you can by it at home depot or lowes

Built motor , duel fuelers , 60's overs , gtx4202r

Yup thays whay we are doing after i degrease, have a bunch already for my pool. Id like to try to degrease all i can before i acid it. My buddy helping does this on all his homes first for those with nasty floors. After 6 years of doing it, hes yet to have a call back for issues so im followin what he wants to do.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
2+2 gum cutter has NOTHING on justice brothers degreaser. That stuff is crazy, it cleans concrete better than the Gunk concrete scrub we use on the shop floor.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
brake cleaner....

works great on new stains but not so much old soaked in ones :D. i used that all the time when we had oil spills at the auto shop out in the parking lot, amazing how it pulls it right out so quick

Guys, thank you for the product ideas and keep them coming! im tearing a wall down in the garage this weekend so i can put my tool box in a little "work shop area" and not have to worry about putting my box outside for any lenght of time. next week ill be degreasing if all goes as planned

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
methlylene chloride is a super cleaner but use gloves and mask in open air that stuff will give you cancer looking at it in the bottle or can.