my other diesel addiction

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
OFFICIAL "my other diesel addiction" WHATS YOURS?

So with the dmax down for the last two months ive turned my attention to the tdi. Heres a couple pics of visible mods
picture.php

Last edited:

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
so what are your thoughts on this??? my girl friend is looking at getting a jetta tdi soon... she drives over an hour to work and is looking at getting something that nets her better mpg.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Buildingup's (Julian's) Jetta is really nice. Same lowered stance, Audi wheels, Euro-spec turbo, bigger injectors and tuning. That was a fun car to drive. Just hauled butt.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Thanks for the compliments! I still need to get the notch filled in the hood, and im pondering getting euro spec oem R20 bumpers? before i do the hood, then get everything painted in one moc.
As for what i think of the tdi... well before i ever took ownership of one in january of 2011 i had a set of swaybars waiting to go on. My brothers wife rode in it and liked it it so much they got bars for their subie. I think the suspension is too soft for spirited driving. So i think for a guy most like the lowerd car better. I lost a few thumbs when i upgraded to poly bushings and audi a3 upper arms, guess the extra rubber made the ride acceptable whereas the poly gives you the feel of the road more, like a cart, it rails! Also i drive it waaaaaaay harder now, so when people get in, most just shit themselves(not literally)cuz they are not prepared for the g force this car can stick, and therefore have never cornered so hard in thier life, so usually when they get out they are like, F that.., they arent judging on ride comfort, more like concern. The car is just flat out fun now....stock, ehh not so much, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MORE THAN SATISFIED WITH THE FUEL ECONOMY 42+ on the hwy with the dsg in stock form

As for mods, ive done a few, there is not much. The epa makes it illegal to modify the fuel dilevery, air delivery, exhaust system of these cars. Like 250,000 to the shop and 25,000 to the car owner, unless you can document the car has been registered as a race only vehicle. Its total bs. So right now ive got a malone tuned ecm, a hpa tuned dsg and a cat back exhaust and the car puts 178 to the wheels, i added a standalone water meth kit. Id like to throw some n2O in the mix, but im gonna wait on that for a bit, the car is really fun to drive, beats or just flat out surprises just about everyone, and can get 54+mpg now it is an amazing car. Like all my cars i buy them because of potential that i see in them, this car has now surpassed my expectations for a mildly modded car, idont know if we will ever see a twin kit or nozzles or even a modified cp4.2, yup they use almost the same pump as the lmm from what ive read, even though ive not seen the direct comparison in text. How bout that though, the lmm eats 2x more fuel at least, and the cjaa cr2.0t uses the same pump cinfig? The stock nozzles are said to be able to supply 250hp too, but no tuner can legally sell me or you a tune for that hp level...
no coal rolling...yet
the epa and vw still like the fact that these cars actually remove particulate from the air

i still cant say enough about "ANY" vehicle with the tdi powerplant, and remember there are a few different displacements available, like a3.0L and even a v10 clean diesel offered in the toureag... bet you could make that thing scream, awd too

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Bump for title edit
POST YOUR OTHER DIESEL HERE
OFFICIAL"my other diesel addiction"THREAD:thumb:

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I've got a '12 TDI Jetta that I drive to work and back.. I love it for it's purpose, wouldn't trade my truck for it though. :D

I'm averaging 40+ on my route, terrible, terrible interstate traffic.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Who said anything about tradin in our trucks? This is a thread for your other diesel to shine for a minute, hence the name, "my other diesel addiction"
keep your addiction fun or economy or performance related, cars, boats, snow plows or snow cats, air foils etc....
Keep em coming i know there out there!

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Who said anything about tradin in our trucks? This is a thread for your other diesel to shine for a minute, hence the name, "my other diesel addiction"
keep your addiction fun or economy or performance related, cars, boats, snow plows or snow cats, air foils etc....
Keep em coming i know there out there!

Jason, I think it was wishful thinking on his part. He was hoping you had traded in your truck:) Kudos on staying all diesel!

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Oh...well if it makes anyone secretly or even not so secretly grin and even laugh, the heads are comin off the duramax... after cleaning, balancing and replacing the injectors, the truck still is not running right and now a bad valve is believed to be the problem...
So project tdi continues, i took those other pics down here are a few better ones

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I feel for you Jason, II had me running circles around myself because of the injectors. Nothing is worse on earth then having to pull the injectors 3 times in a row to solve a problem! Good luck with the truck.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I like the tune alot, i got in in a package with my exhaust from rawtek, i think it was 649 in the package deal? i am trying to save up to be dyno tuned by hpa, i think they might be able to tune for h2o/meth, and get a few more ponies out.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Atouchofgrass

Jun 19, 2010
CT
Love the LED tails :thumb: That would be the first thing i would have to purchase if i got a mark 6 gti. A little taste of my brothers gti, just a little 2.0t, but still gets great milage! :thumb:

7952482044_2b50e7dd45_b.jpg