LMM: My Carnage, and swap

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Got it out tonight. Going back with a stock motor. Funk had an extra LBZ laying around and just gonna swap all my stuff over to it and run it that way for a while. Here are a few pics so far.

IMAG0374.jpg

Wasnt really to bad of a job to get it out.

IMAG0375.jpg

Passenger side had a nice hole in it

IMAG0379.jpg

What's left of the #8 rod :D

IMAG0377.jpg

See the hole above the oil pan bolt. It broke the upper oil pan and adapter plate.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
well i guess if your gonna kill it, do it right!! glad to see you are getting it back on the road so quick! :thumb:

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
Feel your pain my truck was down for 3 months over injectors and water in fuel, glad to see you made forward progress so quickly, :thumb:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
It should be running next weekend. Just get to work on it after work. Pretty much only using the block and heads from the new motor. Lots of little things to switch over

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Engine would have to be taken apart and reballanced for the new slugs,better to save the money and build his spare lower end he already has.

Aweful nice of Funk to lone that to you Kyle and good luck with the build,like i said ill be watching for your build thread:thumb:

The Funk

May 3, 2009
southern indiana
At the rate your going it will be running tomorrow lol..wow that was a lot if damage for no more than u was doing when she went.. I guess your truck wanted to be like mine sitting there looking Purdy without anything in the engine bay ;)

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
At the rate your going it will be running tomorrow lol..wow that was a lot if damage for no more than u was doing when she went.. I guess your truck wanted to be like mine sitting there looking Purdy without anything in the engine bay ;)

It probably was jealous that yours is going to be built.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
was blown away when i got to my shop the other day and this rig was parked there running again,,, was crazy since it seemed like just a few days before i got the "call" she let go..:thumb:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Got the heads off the old motor. They are both fine,but
IMAG0394.jpg

#8 piston isn't doing very well(#8 rod broke). The break is really clean inside. Thinking when the rod broke, it took the piston with it? The rest of them look perfect.

Haven't tore into the bottom yet, but I will check all the rods out and add more pics.