LMM: MPI Big Twins and RDL Proflow 3" Short Bridge

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
Wondering if this will work with s366/s480 Mpi twins? Is it a drop in replacement or will some tubes need modified? Also, is it worth it? I have the engine going back together right now so now is the best time to install it.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
The cold side boost tube from the intercooler to the bridge will likely need modifying, and maybe the charge pipe from the big charger to the valley depending how it's routed. I can't tell you for sure though, as I have never seen an MPI 366/480 setup in person, I'm just ASSuming.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
Having just been through something similar, if you want a 3" bridge, I would talk to MPI. Trent did my 3" bridge when I got the triple kit, and it did change some of the boost tube routing I think.

Depending on the routing for the charge pipe, it may also need to be rerouted from your current setup. I have a new appreciation for routing all that 3" tubing around inside the valley after putting my triple kit on.

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
Well I called both Rick and Nathan. Both say it might work, just depends on my version of twins. I found out I also need the 3" Proflow boost tube as well. So I'm going to order both and give them a try.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
Not trying to steer you away from either one of those guys as they both build top notch stuff, but I have the all seasons 3in y bridge and 3in egr delete tube with my triples and everything fits fine, but once again you also have a much bigger charger in the valley than I do.