Miller dynasty 200

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Any one use one? I'm thinking of selling my syncrowave 250dx and buying the dynasty but I have never used the dynasty. Most of my welding is aluminum and s/s. Any feed back is helpful.

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
Youll love moving from that big sync to the dynasty....It is so much nicer welding aluminum with an inverter style TIG. Keeping the tungsten sharp while welding aluminum is nice so you can pin point the heat instead of the "ball"

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I've got three of the Dynasty's and love them. Most of the guys here say they take a little getting used to but once they do they will fight to use them over my Syncrowave.

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I've got three of the Dynasty's and love them. Most of the guys here say they take a little getting used to but once they do they will fight to use them over my Syncrowave.

Just curious, what takes getting use to? I weld with a Lincoln square wave at work and when I get home and use my syncrowave it's all most too easy in comparison.

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
I went from a sync to a thermal dynamics 185.... The inverter tig seems to not be as forgiving as far as settings. The big sync didn't seem to care. Changing one value on my td makes a big difference in the weld. That being said it is nice to be able to really dial it in!

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Have any of you guys tigged using a miller 304xmt? I have mine all set up but am looking for a argon tank. Only thing I dont like about it so far is the manual gas control.

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Have any of you guys tigged using a miller 304xmt? I have mine all set up but am looking for a argon tank. Only thing I dont like about it so far is the manual gas control.

You can add a high frequency box http://www.millerwelds.com/products/accessories/frequency/ if you want to spend the money. The h.f. box is nice because it has post flow. Or find a process selector box that has a solenoid in it. You can find bolth box's used fairly cheep.
The 304 is a great machine, i got one set up for pulse mig.
I also use a spool gun for aluminum with it as well.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Let me know when you go to sell it if she is a good unit. It has to be an upgrade from my econotwin!

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Just curious, what takes getting use to? I weld with a Lincoln square wave at work and when I get home and use my syncrowave it's all most too easy in comparison.

Neighbor that runs a fab/CNC shop has one of each. Dynasty 350 he got recently and likes it better for the most part. I cannot remember which material though he still preferred his Lincoln Precision Tig 275 for though.

I've been scanning CL, waiting for the perfect deal. Spending a lot of money elseware in the shop right now though, probably hold off a bit.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I know this isn't on the same level. But how do you guys like the 211 miller? I just bought one. Says it can weld up to 3/8ths in a single pass. Just runs at a higher duty cycle than the big ones, but I'm not gonna be using it 8 hours of the day anyhow

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
I work at a fab shop for a living and we have always used millers but they are three hundred amp welders. What's the duty cycle on that particular welder?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I know this isn't on the same level. But how do you guys like the 211 miller? I just bought one. Says it can weld up to 3/8ths in a single pass. Just runs at a higher duty cycle than the big ones, but I'm not gonna be using it 8 hours of the day anyhow

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I hear nothing but good things for what it is, I want to pick one up when I get a MIG. Like the idea of being able to run 110 for light remote work

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Sounds to be a decent welder. I have a Hobart handler 187 its made by miller pretty sweet welder fine dials all the way around. It was a cheaper option than the name brand but the mother board and whip read miller. Had it for three years now and a really sweet set up. If you run flux on it is advise running a .045 tip with .035 wire helps keep the stuck in **** as we call it from screwing with your feed rates especially on a 3g weld. Also just another FYI. Keep your feeder spring weight really low cause flux is alot softer than regular sgwaw wire. You will constantly be welding the wire to the tip if you don't have your wire speed set with the heat. The tighter the spring the more she will push the wire and the weaker it will get cause the feeder wheels are bitting into the wire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2