Mild build won't run.

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
Guys truck still doesn't run. I've logged everything possible. Nothing seems to be out of range. No dtc's no leaks. Truck starts and shuts off in 1 -2 seconds. Loosing my mind here. :banging: Still thinking it sucking air somewhere.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
heard of that before. i think it was a vats (security) issue. i think you need a tech2 but do not remember enough details to say for sure :eek:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I have no Idea, I'm just throwing out ideas.. IDK what years they starting doing this, so dont try till we find out. Maybe keep the key in start position, because I know on my 2006 if you turn it to start with the engine running it will not engage the starter.

This may be able to tell if its in the ignition or not... Just a suggestion

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
Duh, sorry guys. Brain is fried. Scanned with tech 2 today. Nothing unusual. Should I try turning the vats off or can you do that? All grounds are good as far as I can tell.

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
How long was battery disconected? sounds like anti theft / BCM issue.

8 months. The wierd thing is that the truck has ran for about an hour or so. I drove it to put fuel in it and thats it. Woke up the next day and its back to the same crap. Only now can't get it to stay running.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
8 months. The wierd thing is that the truck has ran for about an hour or so. I drove it to put fuel in it and thats it. Woke up the next day and its back to the same crap. Only now can't get it to stay running.

its definitly the vats system. My buddy had the same issues with an 04.5 lly that sat at his trans shop for like 6-8 months

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Battery down that long will throw ECM long term memory fail and can do some funky things

Hope that is it but thinking no