Mike L i need your help!

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
I have a 2002 silverado 2500hd. 6.6 with 225xxx miles
Stock with fass fuel system, and exhaust

My trans limped the other day. Cleared it. All good. Replaced nsbu switch with updated one. No change. Plugged in and got solenoid stuck open, closed and low pressure codes

checked harness from ecm to trans all good
Cant get it out of limp. Reverse is intermittent and stuck in 4th gear. With hard bang. Should i replace the PSM or attempt anything else?
Thanks
sean

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
I must have wrote the codes down wrong, it was a friend of mines tech 2. There were 4 codes one was the MIL request and others were solenoids stuck open/closed and an issue with the PSM. Regardless the trans has been limping more frequently. how do i know the issue lies in the trans and not tcm. If i get a new trans how do i know the tcm is okay? Im stumped

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
The TCM is very rarely ever the culprit... if you have excessive clutch material stuck in your valvebody that will cause the issues that you're reporting. If this is the case then you will need to rebuild the transmission.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
How long has it been since the fluid and filters have been changed ? Does the fluid smell burnt ? Have you looked at the filters since this started to happen ? Do you have a tuner installed ? Are you going to be doing the work yourself if a build is needed , if not what is your location so you can be advised of good people from this site to help ! Wow sorry that was a long post ! Good luck finding problem!