Mickey Thompson ATZ

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Anyone ran/running these? I'm needing a set of A/T tires in 35's. I don't want a loud road noise tire like a set of swampers..

The ATZ looks good and from what I've seen so far the reviews aren't bad for noise or road wear.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I run 365/55-16s. Wide tires.

Considering the aggressiveness of the tread, they are not bad noise wise at all. The ride is good, especially considering the width. But, they are still noisy and a bit harsh on the butt. More so than a regular Mud and Snow light truck tire. Not near as bad as a swamper.

Off road I found them better than average and would call them good in the soft stuff. Mine are good in the snow, but suffer from low ground pressure when the snow gets deep such that the truck tends to ride on top of the snow. I have not had any issues with them hydro-planing, but the tread is getting down to the point where I worry a little.

Road wear has been great. 35,000 miles and still a usable tire. The tread is about as deep as a normal tire's now and I don't trust them for winter so I have swapped them out for some winter tires. I hope to finish them off next summer.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
I like mine alot, have had them a bit over a year and the fronts look brand new and rears look quite good considering the abuse they get. Noise wide they arnt bad and they ride well too not to mention this is coming from a city slicker!:roflmao: Not really but the truck never sees dirt

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I'm going with a Rancho 4" Lift since I can't make this thing fast...

I hope they give me a somewhat aggressive look as I don't want a tire that looks like stock.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Purchased 35 x 12.50 x 20 about a hour ago. I'll be getting my 4" Rancho installed and 35 ATZ's mounted on my new BMF REPRs.

:thumb:

Yea, took me long enough to decide... :D I spent 30 mins at the counter go back and forth between those and Toyo MT's.

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Best tires I've owned! Had 2 sets of 305/70/17's and they wear like iron. Mine did not have sidebiters but they are still an aggresive awesome tire with minimal road noise and good ride.