Mahle Wavestopper Grade D Head Gaskets

Chilly

Dec 4, 2018
I found part numbers for Mahle Wavestopper grade C head gaskets. Trying to track down the grade D part numbers.
I found OEM, but not the Wavestopper type.

Can anyone help me out?

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
I found part numbers for Mahle Wavestopper grade C head gaskets. Trying to track down the grade D part numbers.
I found OEM, but not the Wavestopper type.

Can anyone help me out?

I have looked in the past I do not believe they make them in a D.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Wavestoppers are only in C grade.

if you need a D, get the regular Mahle.

how much was that block cut you need a grade D? thats ALOT of gasket to put on something that will be seeing good power.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I can't remember where I read it now, maybe on the package itself, but I thought the grade D was a C thickness but an overbore gasket

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I can't remember where I read it now, maybe on the package itself, but I thought the grade D was a C thickness but an overbore gasket

nope, they are .010 thicker than a C. they are meant for "overbored/decked" but thats a broad discription. i know the mahle and lml hg are good for .040 bore overs. im guessing if you run stock pistons and deck the block more than .005, this is where the grade D can come into play for a shop that is just trying to get an engine slapped back together. I would rather cut the pistons though than run the grade D.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
We ran D's on an engine for a couple seasons at over 1k hp. That engine is still going strong in a 900hp street truck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Whats the difference from the regular Mahle/Victor Reinz vs the wavestoppers. I though they were just all the same?

Wave stoppers have multiple little metal rings that get pressed into block surface. Almost like small o-rings. They actually leave imprints on the on sealing surface.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Huh shit :confused: So these are only available in C's? The A&B ones I got had the little rings your explaining can someone post up some pics of The wavestoppers vs the normal Mahle/Victor Reinz ones?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
My eye has not been able to spot the difference between the regular gaskets and wave stoppers. Either way, I've blown both on my old truck at 1180whp with standard ARP 2000 studs at 85psi boost. They'd last 2-3 months before they were toast. I just started using the cheaper gasket since they lasted the same. The regular gaskets have the same little wavy rings as far as I remember.