low fuel rail to high rail now.

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Ive got a customer that has had issues with reduced power when towing loaded horse trailer and unloaded. its a 2008 3500 dually. 4 other shops tried selling them 8 injectors at 6k. I found a low fuel rail pressure code stored originally. I towed with loaded trailer for 300 miles and nada. one dealer said fuel filter was bad and supposedly found hay in it. I dropped tank and its clean. I commanded max rail and it followed with modis. So I decided to do shim mod. Well now, we got new codes w reduced power. p0088 High rail pressure or short to B+.
Tell me if Im on the right path here. Im thinking the FPRV is sticking near max commanded pressure and blowing of the Fuel Pressure Relief valve originally and now its doing same and overshooting pressure causing the P0088. Before I swap the regulator out what else can I do to ensure Im correct. couple other codes are turbo over boost or short to B+ and WIF sensor short to B+ didnt focus on that yet. Is there A known place these items short to B+? Im pretty sure the high rail pressure was caused by Shim mod because it was Low rail pressure code stored before.
:thumb: