Low Compression in one cylinder

durafrickenmax

You drive a what?!
Jul 30, 2009
Bridgeport,WV
I have been having issues with my truck smoking a lot of white smoke and runnning rough at all RPMs. This happened after I replaced my head gaskets myself. Took it to a garage and said I had misfire on cylinder #4. Week later I had misfire on cylinder #1 and #4. Had a buddy test the balance rates and 2 cylinders were off, #1 and #4. Just did a compression test
1-390 2-395
3-390 4-200
5-395 6-400
7-392 8-392

It looks to me like its time for a tear down. Any suggestion or ideas?

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
Did you adjust the valves correctly-after the had gasket job.

Bad piston will usually blow pressure out the oil filler cap when running.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
Did you adjust the valves correctly-after the had gasket job.

Bad piston will usually blow pressure out the oil filler cap when running.

X2, I think he has the lash set too tight on that cylinder. That is if there is no issue with a cracked piston.

durafrickenmax

You drive a what?!
Jul 30, 2009
Bridgeport,WV
I forgot to mention it also started spitting oil out of the exhaust, it is also leaking oil between my uppipe and downpipe.

Call me stupid but I did not adjust the valves when reinstalling them, I just pulled the rocker assy off, kept everything together and torqued down when re installed. Guess I should check valve adjustment.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
I forgot to mention it also started spitting oil out of the exhaust, it is also leaking oil between my uppipe and downpipe.

Call me stupid but I did not adjust the valves when reinstalling them, I just pulled the rocker assy off, kept everything together and torqued down when re installed. Guess I should check valve adjustment.

Nevermind, disregard my last statement. Its going to need a teardown:(