Looking for feedback on Jacobs Performance Engines

bittles313

Aug 8, 2010
Rome NY
Hey guys,saw an ad on Racing junk for Jacobs Engine in Columbus Ohio and was wondering if anyone had any feedback or dealings with them?Looking at having a BBC gas motor done. Thanks in advance....Mike

bittles313

Aug 8, 2010
Rome NY
Thanks,Im actually in New York but they are advertising a 598 inch motor claiming 800 horse for 10,000.Heck of a deal if its really the case.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Not sure how far away Rome NY is from Ludlow, MA. but know a guy there that has built 900+HP (dyno proven) race fuel (non alcolhol) 500CID BBC and BBF pulling motors (as that is our Superstock limits), and 4WD Mod alcohol motors with significantly more CID (and more power) if you're interested. I can give you his number to discuss $$ if you would like.

Not sure on Jacobs, but I have heard great things about the previously mentioned Fowler racing engines.

Last edited:

bittles313

Aug 8, 2010
Rome NY
Not sure how far away Rome NY is from Ludlow, MA. but know a guy there that has built 900+HP (dyno proven) race fuel (non alcolhol) 500CID BBC and BBF pulling motors (as that is our Superstock limits), and 4WD Mod alcohol motors with significantly more CID (and more power) if you're interested. I can give you his number to discuss $$ if you would like.

Not sure on Jacobs, but I have heard great things about the previously mentioned Fowler racing engines.

Sure you can PM me his number will gladly give him a shout

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
What will you be using this for racing pulling ? I might be able to get you something your wanting 598 or just a set hp area ?

bittles313

Aug 8, 2010
Rome NY
What will you be using this for racing pulling ? I might be able to get you something your wanting 598 or just a set hp area ?

Its going to be in a 4wd pulling truck,they call it street mod or open mod around here.Only real difference between the 2 is open mod allows aluminum heads and nitrous

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Check out Pat Musi engines. He's in carteret nj and can build you anything you need. Real good guy too.