Looking for a Co2 regulator

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I'm trying to find a regulator that goes inline OR a regulator that has two separate outlets?

What I am needing to do is supply my trans brake with 300 psi and my shifter with like 150 all from the same bottle.

I've googled it but have not found much?

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Would something like McMaster 47435K31 work? Maybe split the lines off the bottle, use the bottle regulator for the 300psi and one that that for the 150psi? I other words 2 lines at 300psi from the bottle, then regulate one down. I dunno.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Well after some thought! I can simply get two regulators and run the fitting in the bottle to a T

That way you still have full supply press to each line!

Thanks for your suggestion:)

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I've got an inline nitrous regulator sitting here somewhere.

Let me see if i can get the part number for it.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
nevermind won't go that high

Oh? Didn't see where it says downstream press?

The beer stores are great! I got 2 bottles (2.2 lb ) for 106 bucks!
To buy aluminum bottles from any racing shop the are min 90 bucks ea.

Company I work for has account at praxair, they have the single regulator I ca T .
I'll run nice braided hose and stainless tubing/fittings..... Should look trick!:D

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Instead of running the CO2, would it be better to run compressed air at 3,000 psi or more, then regulating it down to what you want. CO2 has its issues when it comes to how much you try to flow as you can actually loose pressure if you pull it too fast. To maintain pressure, the liquid evaporate to gas form. When the temps get blow about 0C then the makeup rate is reduced greatly. Compressed air (or nitrogen if you can get it) is much more reliable at cold temps and flow rates do not affect it as much.

If you are looking for CO2 regulators, try paintball suppliers, they have some smaller ones that may work for the regulators. A 2 stage regulator for those pressures may be hard to find.

LBZ_Duramax

May 12, 2009
North Carolina
www.parrishfire.com
CO2 in tank pressures are around 1000-1200psi. Just make sure whatever t's and fittings you get can handle that kind of pressure. We run alot of co2 and get our regulators from the welding supply. Same reg as nitrogen uses. Post some finished pictures when done.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
simon, why co2? why not use a scuba or paintball bottle. much cheaper to get and refill with normal air

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Instead of running the CO2, would it be better to run compressed air at 3,000 psi or more, then regulating it down to what you want. CO2 has its issues when it comes to how much you try to flow as you can actually loose pressure if you pull it too fast. To maintain pressure, the liquid evaporate to gas form. When the temps get blow about 0C then the makeup rate is reduced greatly. Compressed air (or nitrogen if you can get it) is much more reliable at cold temps and flow rates do not affect it as much.

If you are looking for CO2 regulators, try paintball suppliers, they have some smaller ones that may work for the regulators. A 2 stage regulator for those pressures may be hard to find.

I'll probably use n2 it's a cleaner gas and I can get it filled for free

Paint ball places use the smaller bottles, already tried them

flyinelvis11

May 11, 2010
VG, IL (because my wife does)

X2. i used to work for a Budweiser distributor and CO2 won't work right at that pressure. as far as a regulator try a welding/cutting regulator

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Guys I can get regulators from welding supply shops anywhere locally :)

I can get them up to 1000 psi if I wanted

I would like a inline though as it would make for a cleaner install

I'll use stainless tubing and braided hose from work, that's not a issue
Swedglok tubing and fittings are rated for 8000 psi plus.

The nitrous inline reg would probably be what I'm looking for IMO

Kyle compressed air would probably not work as good as n2 or co2 since it does not expand like n2 or co2. I'm not a big fan of co2 vs n2..... Co2 is much dirtier and corrosive vs n2. But in this particular app , probably not a big deal as tons of people use co2 for the ACD shifter

Filling n2 or co2 bottles for me is easy and the company I work for I can fill them myself